Competition Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms & Conditions
Win a personalised video message from one of the Williams Racing drivers.
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions (herein referred to as “rules”) below before entering the Contest.
We are Gulf – a group of companies including Gulf Oil International Limited and its affiliates. Our postal address is 12 Charles II Street, London, SW1Y 4QU, UK. We invite eligible entrants (“entrant(s)”, “you” or “your”) to participate in our Gulf x Williams Racing Contest (herein referred to as "Contest").
Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these rules. The rules will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications. By participating, all entrants agree to be bound by these rules. Rules and regulations are subject to modification, amendment, or revision at the discretion the company and applicable laws and regulations, hence it is advised to check this page regularly. We recommend you print or save a copy for future reference.
- Participation is open to individuals aged 18 years and above on the date of entry. Excluding anyone professionally associated with the Contest, their immediate family members, and any individuals residing in regimes currently subject to US, UK or EU sanctions. Individuals under 18 require a guardian to enter on their behalf.
- The Contest will run from the 16th of September 2023 at 12:30pm BST until the 17th of September 2023 at 12:30pm BST.
- Purchase is not necessary, but internet access and a social media account is required to enter the Contest.
- To enter the contest, entrants must: Find the password hidden in the Instagram story published by Gulf Oil International on the 16th September at 12:30 pm and submit the password via direct message to Gulf on Instagram.
- There shall be no limitation on how many times the participant can enter the contest.
- Total of 10 winners will be selected randomly at the sole discretion of Gulf.
- Gulf and Williams IP Holdings LLC and its affiliated companies (“Williams Racing”) will not be liable for lost entries, entrants that cannot be identified or any unsuccessful, incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries.
- The winners will receive a Prize (herein referred to as “Prize”) of a personalized video message sent via Instagram direct message from either Alex Albon or Logan Sargeant.
- The Prize awarded to the winners of this contest shall be at the sole discretion of Gulf. The winner shall not have the option to choose or alter the prize offered.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Gulf and Williams Racing reserve the right to substitute any Prize with another of equal or greater value.
- We will contact each winner via the social media platform they entered on from the 17th September 2023.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and number of entries) and to disqualify any entrants who do not comply with these rules.
- If any aspect of the Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation by reason of the Covid-19 pandemic and associated restrictions, infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, Gulf and Williams Racing reserve the right, in our sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest or invalidate any affected entries, as appropriate, without any liability.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the Contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered.
- Each entrant releases Gulf and Williams Racing and their directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant's participation or inability to participate in the Contest or the use of or inability to use any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the price of the Prize or the minimum allowable by law, whichever is lower.
- You agree to keep confidential any information of any nature about Gulf and Williams Racing and their businesses, personnel and any of our partners, to the extent such information is received by you as a result of participating in the Contest.
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, unless we have your consent. See our privacy notice.
- Everything regarding the Contest, including the Prizes, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you indemnify Gulf, Williams Racing and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, licensors, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agencies at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any Prize.
- By participating in the Contest, you agree that to the extent permitted by applicable law: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred, (if any), not to exceed twenty five pounds sterling (£25.00), but in no event will legal fees be awarded or recoverable; (2) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby knowingly and expressly waive all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed twenty five pounds sterling (£25.00), and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (3) your remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and you irrevocably waive any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- These rules are the entire agreement between you and Gulf relating to the Contest. If a rule is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. Neither Gulf nor Williams Racing will be considered to have waived any of our rights or remedies under these rules unless the waiver is in writing and signed by an authorised representative.
- These rules are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, English law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to all disputes arising out of or in connection with these rules.
16th September 2023